A Month W/out A Cellphone! Can you handle that?

9

Written on Thursday, May 22, 2008 by Ennah, the comsci student

Mobile phones are everywhere. They are necessity for many people. Imagine a life, without a cellphone for just a month. What about for a year? In this world evolving in the new era of technology, I think a few people can handle that.

For a month now, I don't have any mobile phone. I used to have one. It's because my Motorola v3i is not working properly. I really don't know what's wrong. When I charge it, i have to charge it for more than 6 hours and I can only use it for an hour. Weird huh? Maybe it's because of the battery or the charger whatever it is I hope I would find someone that can repair this phone.

Not having a cellphone for one month, has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages

1. Nobody is bothering you
You will not get bothered by anyone. I have many friends bugging me when I had my cellphone. Now, I have a valid excuse for not replying. And i had a worry free life. :D
2. You do not have to check anything.

You don't have to look your phone hour after hour just to see if there's a missed call or someone texted you. And me as being forgetful, I don't have to mind where I put my phone. And I really enjoyed this advantage, for I felt free from the responsibility of having a phone.

Disadvantages

1. I am not updated about my friends
I don't know if they moved to another country, another school or another planet. Anyway, there's friendster for that.

2. I can't keep in touch with my loved ones.
My father is in Cebu and I'm here in Makati. I can't text him. =C Just to keep in touch, I just email him and we sometimes talk in YM.

I'm loving the freedom from a cellphone. But definitely I would repair my phone or buy a new one because even though I can stand without a phone, sometimes we need our phones for emergencies and unexpected events. So I say I cannot really handle a year without a phone.

How about you? Can you handle that?


Please bear with the pictures. Had it in my bedroom that's why it was dark.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

9 Comments

  1. E-Tavasi |

    Mmm.. why suddenly your phone is not working properly :) my old nokia also have the same problem..charge 2-4 hours but i can only use in 30 minute...so sad

    So i just send msg, turn off my vibrate, and when i want to called someone, I need to connect it always with my cellphone charger... hehehe

     
  2. Ennah, the comsci student |

    It's hard to do that because I travel a lot. I got a lot of messages and got many phone calls from my friends.

     
  3. Unknown |

    I don't know what happened to your phone but hope it will soon be ok.
    Yes, there are many advantages and disadvantages of having a cell phone but of course more advantages than disvantages in todays tech-life.
    For me advantages of not having mobile phone is I do not get disturbed when I am studying or doing other important works.
    One main disadvantages is not being able to be in contact with my relatives, friends and other people.

     
  4. m y s t i c |

    u knw i am in a similar fix as you are.My screen got broken somehow and its like broken from the inside.I cant see any messages and i am able to dial only numbers on speed dial.
    And i have been fuming coz there are no screens in stock in the market.
    I am having a hard time dealing with a broken screen let alone living with out a cellphone for a month!

     
  5. Ennah, the comsci student |

    Thanks jirel. I also hope that I'd get enough money to have it fixed. :D

     
  6. April |

    it would save me money from all the cell phones I damage by throwing across the room...or car.

     
  7. Beena |

    I used to think I wouldn't live without a cellphone especially when there were still classes. But now that it's vacation, I don't even check my phones anymore. I have friendster and YM to talk to my friends. ^^

    It's a different story though when you're travelling. Having a cellphone is like.. necessity.

     
  8. Ennah, the comsci student |

    @ mystic

    as i saw for me, it has its disadvantages and advantages. :D

    @ april

    oh you just throw your cellphones? Please throw it to me. LOL.

    @ beena

    we have the same perpective. When I had my classes, I can't leave my phone even for a day but now i'm in my vacation and my phone is not working, I'm perfectly fine without it. Just for this summer. :D

     
  9. Laibeus Lord |

    Yah I can! A year, a decade.. no problem!!

    The good ol' days is much better without "extra expenses" that are not necessary for every day living.

    You know, I just throw my Motorola ROKR E1 anywhere, because it's TOUGH. :p

    But nah, I'll keep it coz my fiance wants me to, so no choice there. Other than that, I don't need celphones. Landline and laptop is enough.

    ---
    PS.
    You may want to check - disqus.com to make your comments much more than what Google offers ;) (Just a suggestion)

     

Post a Comment