Elective: Web Technology or Open Source

0

Written on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 by Ennah, the comsci student

Two weeks from now, I have to enroll my subjects and I am still not decided in what elective I'll be taking. I have to choose from the three: web technology, open source and computer security. Computer security is out of the question because I really don't like it and it's primarily for computer networking majors.

What elective subject should I get, Web Technology or Open Source?

I've been thinking this for months now. I know the answer will depend on my interest. However I really like them both.

I like Web Technology because I will be learning Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver and other stuffs. However, I know I am not that good in design because I'll admit I'm not that creative. If I'll take this up, it will bring out the creative juices in me but I'm afraid that I will fail the subject because of the lack of creativity.

I also like Open Source. I have a great interest in programming and configuring the kernel will be a challenge for me. It will enhance my programming skills. I know if I take Open Source, it will be very hard for me than taking up Web Technology.

Waaahhh. I'm so torn.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment