Why Computer Science?

0

Written on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 by Ennah, the comsci student


When I was young, about 10 years old, we are lucky enough to have an internet connected in our house. Because of having that privilege, I always got to chat in MIRC. Almost all of my chat mates are taking up Computer Science at that time. I hypothesize that because many of my chat mates are taking up Computer Science, it is an easy course that everybody can easily take up.

I got curious of what I thought was an "easy course". What made it so easy? and why many people are taking this up? As I grew up, I got answers to my questions. Many people at that time is taking up Computer Science because it was an in demand course at that time and computers are in its boom. People who knows how to chat at that time are usually people who are taking Computer Science.

I got my answer but is computer science really an easy course as what I have hypothesize. I discovered that it was not an easy one when I got my first programming subject at high school, Turbo Pascal. At first it was tough, but I am a person who is always hungry for challenges. I studied it and I was able to make my way through it. I am always excited to learn new things. I always got high grades on my computer subjects. That's when I realized maybe Computer Science was really the path I should take - my true calling.

So I took Computer Science as my college degree. There are many times that I doubt my capabilities. There are many times that I felt that I was not good enough to take this path. I am really not good in Math. What really gives me the drive to continue is my passion and eagerness to learn. I am fulfilled whenever I finish a certain program. I like what I am doing and I am happy to be logically challenge.

I am striving hard to finish this degree. I want to be successful at this career. Many people take up Computer Science but a few people only get to be successful fulfilling this career. I want to be one of this few people.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment